A Proven Defense Team For Prostitution Charges
Prostitution is the crime of giving/receiving money in exchange for sexual activity. At Jansen & Davis, P.A., we have more than 70 years of combined criminal defense experience and have defended many clients throughout the Tallahassee area who’ve been accused of prostitution.
In addition to traditional prostitution cases, we also have experience defending people who’ve been charged with:
- Selling or buying a minor or adult for the purposes of sex trafficking
- Coercing or employing another person to engage in prostitution for the personal financial gain of the offender
- Accepting money derived from the proceeds of prostitution or human sex trafficking
- Renting a space or making a space available to be used for prostitution
- Transporting a person to a location for prostitution
- Coercing, enticing, or employing a minor to participate in prostitution for the personal financial gain of the offender
Although prostitution is a misdemeanor offense, you could still face up to 60 days in jail for a first offense, up to one year in jail for a second offense, and up to five years in prison for a third offense. Certain prostitution crimes are felonies, such as forcing a minor to work as a prostitute or coercing another person into human sex trafficking. The penalties for felony prostitution are severe, and typically include up to 30 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
Contact A Tallahassee Prostitution Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with prostitution, it’s to your advantage to work with an experienced Tallahassee prostitution defense attorney from the earliest onset of your case. Even if you’ve been charged with the simplest form of prostitution, you could still go to jail, be ordered to pay large fines, and be required to register as a sex offender.
Do not let your charges escalate into a conviction. At the law offices of Jansen & Davis, P.A., we can provide you with the committed and experienced defense representation you need to fight your charges. We’ll be by your side every step of the way and will not give up on you or your case until we have reached a successful outcome.