Experienced Defense For Florida Drug Charges
A person will be charged with drug trafficking if they intentionally import, sell, purchase, manufacture, deliver, or bring an illegal drug, substance, or narcotic into the state of Florida. While trafficking any type of drug is illegal, the penalties for drug trafficking depend on the type of drugs being brought into the state, as well as the quantity of drugs. Contact a drug trafficking attorney in Florida if you’ve been charged with a drug crime.
In general, the penalties for drug trafficking in Florida are as follows:
- 25-2,000 lbs of cannabis: 3 years in prison and a $25,000 fine
- 2,000-10,000 lbs of cannabis: 7 years in prison and a $50,000 fine
- 10,000 lbs of cannabis or more: 15 years in prison and a $200,000
- 28 grams to 150 kilograms of cocaine: 30 years in prison and a $10,000 fine
- 28 – 200 grams of cocaine: 3 years in prison and a $50,000 fine
- 200-400 grams of cocaine: 7 years in prison and a $100,000 fine
- 400 grams but less than 140 kilograms of cocaine: 15 years and a $250,000 fine
- 150 kilograms of cocaine or more: life in prison
- 4-14 grams of heroin: 3 years in prison and a $5,000 fine
- 14-28 grams of heroin: 15 years in prison and a $100,000 fine
- 28 grams to 30 kilograms of heroin: 25 years in prison and a $500,000 fine
- 30 kilograms of heroin or more: life in prison
Why You Need A Lawyer For Drug Trafficking Charges
If you have been charged with drug trafficking, it’s imperative that you speak with a highly skilled Tallahassee drug trafficking attorney who can provide you with the aggressive defense and dedicated representation you need to fight these serious charges. If you are suspected of drug trafficking, both the state and federal government will put their best drug enforcement agents on the case to investigate your crime and bring you to justice.
You need to hire an attorney who knows how to the handle the prosecution and who knows of effective defense strategies. At the law offices of Jansen & Davis, P.A., we have helped countless clients throughout the Tallahassee area successfully overcome their drug charges. We understand the magnitude of your charge and always do our best to help our clients avoid a conviction.