Challenging DUI Evidence in Florida
Defending Your Innocence Starts at Jansen and Davis, P.A.!
Did you know your DUI charge might be based upon faulty evidence or other weaknesses that could be exploited by a Tallahassee DUI lawyer? Simply by challenging the evidence surrounding DUI arrests, our firm has successfully overturned many cases for our clients charged with drunk driving.
We couple over 50 years of experience with meticulous research skills to achieve the best in each and every case. If you’re facing DUI charges and don’t know what the future holds, all hope is not lost. The attorneys at Jansen and Davis, P.A. are skilled litigators and dedicated advocates when you need it most.
Some common DUI defense tactics used frequently in Tallahassee are:
- Breath-testing machines: Breath testing machines must be operated by technicians who are properly trained to use these machines in order to get the best sample possible.
- Police arrest techniques: This disorienting experience can often influence the outcome of a field sobriety test, and make an innocent person appear guilty.
- Roadside conditions: Uneven and wet roads and pavement, wind, bright and fast-moving headlights, and the ever-present fear of making a mistake can consign an innocent person to a night in jail.
- Outside chemical influences: There are hundreds of chemicals that can influence an alcohol testing machine, including acetaldehyde in smokers, and those with gastroesophogeal reflux disease.
What Defenses Do I Have to My DUI Charges?
Over the years, it has become apparent that the technology law enforcement relies upon to evaluate blood alcohol content and overall sobriety is actually quite flawed. Breathalyzers and field sobriety tests are just two examples of the problems that exist and carefully assessing each factor involved in your arrest can significantly work in your favor.
- Our firm can evaluate the following aspects as we build your defense:
- Were you actually driving a vehicle at the time of your arrest?
- Did the officer have ‘probable cause’ to arrest you in the first place?
- Were you read your Miranda rights?
- Did witnesses see anything contrary to the police reports?
- Was your breathalyzer test administered correctly?
- What additional factors may have influenced your breathalyzer results?
It is important to remember that an arrest does not automatically equal a conviction. We frequently encourage clients to refrain from pleading guilty until they consult with an attorney, as this can make an immense difference in their case.
Protect Your Future with a Tallahassee DUI Attorney
At Jansen and Davis, P.A., we believe that the best defense is a good offense. Our focus is protecting your rights and freedom at every step in the legal process. Regardless of what the prosecution is preparing against you, we won’t quit until we achieve the best possible outcome. The earlier we get involved, the better it could be for you.
Contact Jansen and Davis, P.A.
right away to learn more about your defense options.
Conspiracy to Defraud & Insurance Crimes Acquitted on both Counts (Federal Jury Trial)
Felony Gambling, Illegal Gambling, and Felony Firearm Possession ACQUITTED ON THREE COUNTS (JURY TRIAL)
Healthcare Fraud Investigation No Indictment / Plea to Misdemeanor (Federal)
Misappropriation of Property of an Organization Full Acquittal (Federal Jury Trial)
Second Degree Murder Not Guilty (Jury Trial)
Sexual Battery Not Guilty (Jury Trial)
Sexual Battery Case Dismissed
Sexual Battery & Attempted Sexual Battery Not Guilty (Jury Trial)
Sexual Battery & Burglary of Dwelling Person Assaulted Not Guilty (Jury Trial)
Sexual Battery, Lewd and Lascivious Molestation Not Guilty on All Counts (Jury Trial)