News & Results
Jansen and Davis, P.A. In the News
The attorneys at Jansen and Davis, P.A. are frequently featured in the
news for their involvement in high profile stories and legal distinctions.
Below, get an overview of cases we have handled and results we have secured
on behalf of our clients.
The plea deal: Immunity for Brian Winchester cracked Mike Williams case
Brian Winchester shot his best friend in cold blood, but he likely won't
be punished by the criminal justice system for killing Mike Williams.
Leon Judge Reverses Ruling on House Subpoena of Visit Florida Emeril TV
- A Leon County Circuit Court judge reversed her own previous ruling on Wednesday,
barring the state House from receiving the remaining documents it subpoenaed
from a Visit Florida contractor who got $12.7 million to produce a cooking
show with chef Emeril Lagasse.
Reports: Ex-Florida football players Monty Grow, Shane Matthews handed
- Former Florida Gators defensive back Monty Grow, who played three years
in the NFL, is facing up to 20 years in prison for a massive health care
fraud scandal that included “swindling millions from a federal program
that provides medical insurance for the U.S. military,”
Two Former Florida Football Players Convicted in Fraud Case
- Former Florida linebacker Monty Grow was convicted on federal fraud, kickback
and money laundering charges Monday in Miami and faces up to 20 years
Producer of Visit Florida's Emeril Show Netted $800k for Two Seasons, State
- The TV producer of a cable cooking show pocketed $1.25 million of the $12.7
million he received from Visit Florida, and the show’s host, chef
Emeril Lagasse, received $4 million, Tallahassee lawyer Tim Jansen said.
Tallahassee auctioneer gets $12,000 fine for ivory smuggling conviction
- A Tallahassee auctioneer has been fined $12,000, or $2,000 for each misdemeanor
count of illegally exporting elephant ivory he pleaded guilty to in federal
court last month. Attorney Jansen represented Mason and was pleased with
the outcome of the case.
Federal court confirms Florida House’s power to enforce subpoena
in Visit Florida case
- A judge in the U.S. District Court in Tallahassee denied a preliminary
injunction to TV executive C. Patrick (Pat) Roberts on Friday, reaffirming
the Florida House's powers to enforce the subpoenas it issued last week
as part of its investigation into Visit Florida's tourism contracts.
Federal judge denies Chef Emeril's TV producer's request to stop House subpoena
- Attorney Jansen argued that “Only in their response to our lawsuit
for an injunction did they finally concede that they will give meaningful
opportunity to be heard on these subpoenas." Jansen and co-counsel
Adam Komisar argued that Roberts was in imminent danger of being arrested
and having his civil rights violated after House Speaker Richard Corcoran
threatened to fine Roberts up to $1,000 a day and put him in jail if he
didn’t turn over the records.
Emeril TV producer fighting subpoena from Florida House
The House demanded last week that producer Pat Roberts and his company
turn over records by Tuesday or risk hefty fines and even jail. Instead
of complying, Roberts filed a lawsuit in federal court that contends his
constitutional rights are being violated by the Republican- controlled House.
Brian Winchester Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison
Attorney Jansen pointed to statements made that day by both Winchester
and Denise Williams that he did not intend to hurt her. Brian Winchester
will spend 20 years in state prison for kidnapping his estranged wife
at gunpoint last year.
Feds Charges Local Auctioneer with Illegally Exporting Elephant Ivory
Attorney Jansen comments on working out a solultion rather than an indictment
plea to misdeneanors.
Jansen defended Mason as the U.S. Attorney's Office charged Mason with
six counts of violating the Endangered Species Act by exporting carved
ivory products overseas between June 2012 and November 2013.
Felony Charges Widen the Scope and Increase the Stakes of Florida’s
- Attorney Jensen comments on a recent issue with fraud-swindle and fraud-impersonation;
nine players from the Florida Gators have been charged after having used
stolen credit card information for personal use and charging multiple
large purchases to the card.
Here's The List of Defense Lawyers Penn State Handed Out To Its Football Players
As part of the announcement of its $2+MM fine against Penn State, the U.S.
Department of Education released hundreds of pages documenting the many
ways Penn State manipulated its crime stats. Penn State has a list of
the top defense lawyers tied to their athletic department – and
Timothy Jansen is on that list.
Alleged victim declines to press charges against Chris Leak
- Attorney Tim Jansen defends former Florida Gators quarterback and ex-Edgewater
High School coach Chris Leak. The defendant was accused of sexual misconduct
by a 16-year-old girl, but she and her guardian decided not to press charges.
Tim Jansen Featured in
850 Business Magazine Article
- The feature, with the heading "On Top of His Game," talks about
Attorney Jansen's extensive experience defending NFL players. He is a
huge Florida Gators fan and is known for his defense of Jameis Winston,
among others. The feature also touches on Jansen's social and community
"Student Conduct Hearings in a University Setting: Just or Unjust?"
Read Attorney R. Timothy Jansen's published article in the
Florida Bar Journal.
"Miranda warning: Impact still strong 50 years later"
- Attorney Timothy Jansen was interviewed by Tallahassee Democrat regarding
the Miranda Ruling of 1966 and how it benefited the Clark MacKendrick
case (MacKendrick was his client), as well as every criminally accused
individual since the ruling.
"What Happens When a Player Gets Arrested? A Look into How the Legal
Process Plays Out"
Campus Rush article, Attorney Timothy Jansen explains the process that occurs between
the time a football player is arrested and the conclusion of his case.
Attorney: Drop Murder Charges; Lawyers Call for Action
The Tallahassee Democrat details the latest news of the murder charges
one man faces- published June 16, 2015.
The Athlete's Go-To Attorney
Author Jennifer Portman of The Tallahassee Democrat details Attorney Tim
Jansen in her feature
The Athlete's Go-To Attorney published December 16, 2013.
Florida's Best Defender
Brooke Eubanks of The Odyssey online publication wrote
Florida's Best Defender, a feature story about Attorney Tim Jansen published in January 2014.
Jameis Winston Case
Karlos Williams Case
Jesus 'Bobo' Wilson Case
Woody Hildebrandt Case
Rocky Hanna Case
Hanna Becomes Whistle-Blower
- Tim Jansen represented Leon County school administrator Rocky Hannah. In
this article, The Tallahassee Democrat reports on Hanna's designation
as a whistleblower.
Pons, School Board Facing Accusations
- Tim Jansen represents Rocky Hanna against allegations that he was involved
in misappropriating school construction project funds.
David Russell Courson Case
Logan Murphy Case
A.J. Graham Case
AJ Graham is Released
- Tim Jansen represented former Godby High football star A.J. Graham in his
armed robbery case. This Tallahassee Democrat article details how Graham
was released on $26k bail.
Veltkamp and Conti Underage Drinking Case
- Attorney Tim Jansen represented Douglas Veltkamp, a saloon employee implicated
in the death of an FSU student. Veltkamp was arrested on second degree
misdemeanor charges at the prison.
Attorney: State Took Aim at Bar Unfairly
- Attorney Tim Jansen expresses his outrage at the overzealousness of police
who charged saloon employees with contributing to a delinquency of a minor.
Case Dropped Against Employees of Local Bar
- The case against Florida saloon employees Veltkamp and Conti was dropped,
reports The Tallahassee Democrat. Attorney Tim Jansen represented the
two in this case.
Coach Mike Gillespie Sr. Case
Ex-FAMU Coach Gets Probation
- Attorney Tim Jansen represented FAMU coach Mike Gillespie who ended up
getting probation after pleading no contest to his stalking charge.
FAMU Coach Facing Stalking Allegations
- FAMU coach Mike Gillespie is facing stalking charges. Attorney Tim Jansen
is his defense attorney. This article discusses how there was no indication
at the time that Gillespie would be fired.
FAMU's Gillespie Arrested
- The Tallahassee Democrat featured a story on FAMU basketball coach Mike
Gillespie who is facing stalking charges and has retained Attorney Tim
Jansen for his defense.
Lawyer: Gillespie Blindsided
- Three months after his arrest, FAMU basketball coach Mike Gillespie Sr.
was let go. Attorney Tim Jansen represented Gillespie against his stalking
Coach Mike Gillespie Stalking Charges
- Mike Gillespie, FAMU basketball coach, was facing stalking and harassment
allegations. Attorney Tim Jansen represented Gillespie.
Lombardi FAMU Bombing Case
FAMU Bombing Trial Opens
- Tim Jansen is representing Lawrence Lombardi who is accused of bombing
Florida A&M University. This article recounts opening day of his trial.
Lombardi Bomb Trial Continues
- The Tallahassee Democrat reports on another hearing in the Lombardi bombing
case. Attorney Tim Jansen was the defense attorney in this case.
Lombardi FAMU Bombing
- Another episode in the Lombardi bombing trial saga. Learn more about Attorney
Tim Jansen's defense tactics in this case.
Lombardi Speaks Out, Denies Guilt
- Attorney Tim Jansen's client, Lawrence Lombardi, speaks out and denies
making and detonating the bomb that went off at Florida A&M University.
Lombardi Bomb Accusations
- Lawrence Lombardi, an ex-Marine, was accused of racially-motivated bombings
at FAMU. Attorney Tim Jansen represented Lombardi against these allegations.
2 Bombs, 1 Life Term
- The jury convicts Lombardi of twice bombing FAMU. He was sentenced to life
in federal prison and another 30-year term.
Corey Fuller Case
Fuller Gambling Charges
- Feature story of NFL Star Corey Fuller, who was facing illegal betting
charges. Fuller was represented by Attorney Tim Jansen.
- Corey Fuller, Baltimore Ravens defensive back, was acquitted of his gambling
charges by a Florida jury. Fuller was represented by Attorney Tim Jansen.
Montrail Cook Case
Three Convicted on Lesser Charges in Beating
- Attorney Tim Jansen represented Montrail Cook against his attempted murder
charges after the beating and robbing of a Leon County man, resulting
in a lesser charge of attempted voluntary manslughter.
Trial Could Go to Jury Today
- Attorney Tim Jansen represented Montrail Cook against his attempted murder
charges after the beating and robbing of a Leon County man.
Other Cases Handled